-- 3D Printers --
- Thursday nights are 3D Thursdays! Visit us from 7 p.m. onwards on Thursday nights.. Whether you just want to learn how to print, have some objects or designs in mind for printing, or just want to use our printers, feel free to drop in and give it a try. If you do have specific models in mind, it would be a good idea to check if they are printable first, as some models will print better than others. Please direct model enquiries to email@example.com.
We have several 3D printers in use at the space:
- The excellent Brook Drumm of Printrbot donated a number of Printrbots to the space, which can be used by visitors. One of the Printrbot Jr printers is hosted on a Raspberry Pi running Octoprint, with CuraEngine slicer integration. Login to it using the IP address printed on the side of the printer, and upload an STL!
- There are several ways to do 3D Scanning of objects at HM.
The following attachment contains the ini file with optimal settings to be used with the ultimaker original at HM.
- James Carpino
- Active 3D printing enthusiast. Building Miniature 3D Printers and can answer questions about 3D printer assembly, design, and use.
- Your 3D Thursday Host. Owns a Prusa Mendel and a couple of Printrbots. Will help others to learn to print, build more printers, and learn to refine prints. Also food printing. Also available for hire on 3D printing projects (DrReeves@gmail.com).
- Chris Stratton
- Past experience with inkjet/powder 3D Printing Group at MIT, also hacked on some CNC machine tool conversions
- Moderate interest in a access to a machine with a build volume the size of an adult human foot
- Eager to help with with any DIY machine project regardless of build volume/capabilities