World Maker Faire 2014
From Hack Manhattan Wiki
- More typewriters
- Processing code for same
Stuff to prepare?
- Wash the banner
- some kind of looping slideshow - on a tablet?
- Printed matter—do we have enough flyers and business cards?
- We won't do flyers this time. Too expensive (20-25 cents), we would need too many, and the value is too low compared to a cheaper business card.
- We can't avoid some kind of printed matter. Everyone will ask for a card and will be too inefficient to explain that we don't have them.
- General business cards - maybe enough?
- We will print 1,000? (5-8 cents per card)
- Meryl - add URL to business cards! --Merylgreenblatt (talk) 00:54, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- David Reeves - firstname.lastname@example.org - title? 'Director-at-Large' - Thanks! --DrReeves (talk) 21:15, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- Justin Levinson - email@example.com - title?
- Meryl - two things: I still have my HM cards, saying Intelligence Collector. I'm continuing to use these, but I'm also planning to include the pdf on the back of my next set of personal Vista Print cards; Guan, would you please create a Director-at-Large pdf for me that I can import? I want to order them soon. Thanks! --Merylgreenblatt (talk) 00:54, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- Small batch business card are kind of expensive (10-20 cents per card). Maybe we only need personalized ones for the most important ones, and we can attach stickers to the back of generic cards.
- Cheapo online vendors are low quality and will project a terrible image. We've had Staples (fulfilled by Vistaprint) cards before, and they were printed on an inkjet that did not have black ink.
- Giant poster? Foam core? Meryl - can easily mount paper on foam core for stability --Merylgreenblatt (talk) 00:54, 5 September 2014 (UTC)
- How to mount to FACETRON6000 fabric
- It would be nice to have a big large poster that visitors can read when all HM members are busy talking to people.
- How big would it need to be? Ideally we would just a paper poster that we won't worry about getting destroyed. --Guan (talk) 21:08, 4 September 2014 (UTC)
- Justin hates them. The people love them.
- 5-10 cents a piece
- Fresh inkpad for the stamp - several visitors have asked for a stamp in their hacker passports - might save on cards, especially if the QR code scans properly?
Collecting contact info
- We could have a tablet or laptop to collect email addresses
- The problem is that we would then have to write the email to send out
- May not be worth it
Load list for Friday
- 3 typewriters+arduino+USB cables
- Dell laptop/PSU
- USB hub
- logitech webcam
- box of paper
- spare ribbons (from Justin delivery)
- PVC tubing box
- fabric drape, facetron letters, pins
- portable aluminum table
- tools (screwdrivers, soldering, irons, tape, )
- orange power cable, long black splitter
- banner stand/banner(s)
- tarp, weights
- phone charger
- business cards
- meetup group/blabber signup sign
- donation box/sign(501c3) for facetron consumables?
- Ham Radios (Wouxun and Baofeng)