- 1 Consensus Agenda
- 2 New Business
- 3 Member Reports
- 4 Adjournment
Proposed change to bylaws:
The proposal is: The 4th item of numbered list in Article 2, Section 7, of the Bylaws is amended by inserting before the period: ", or for serious safety violations".
I would like to add an official amendment to the bylaws for termination of membership due to serious safety violations.
[shenkin: Per email discussion, I've altered some of the following points, which constitute simply commentary, not binding provisions, to remove behaviors which, though they may be grounds for expulsion for other reasons, are not usually safety issues. I've also altered the wording of the last bullet, which several of us thought placed too subjective an interpretation on perception of danger.] These include:
- Failure to wear required safety equipment (e.g. safety glasses, welding mask, gloves) while operating tools or machinery
- Failure to properly turn off power tools or other machinery when done using it and/or leaving the space
- Failure shut down tools when finished [shenkin: Deleted the failure to put things away, which is not a safety problem in general]
- Misuse of tools or equipment whether through intent or lack of proper knowledge, that could lead to a significant safety risk for the user or others, or potentially damage equipment or the space. [shenkin: Added the part starting "that could lead".]
- Any other behaviors which could lead to a significant safety risk for the user or others, or potentially damage equipment or the space. [shenkin: Altered language to remove the assertion that other users simply have to feel there's a danger. In the context of the amended text of the bylaws, the deciding body is already specified.]
Date of annual meeting
Article 3, Section 1, is amended to read:
Meetings of members must be held in New York County, no more than one kilometer from the corporation's premises, not on a major public holiday as recognized by New York City, and between 6pm and midnight on weekdays or 10am and 10pm on weekends. The board must call the annual meeting of members in accordance with Section 603 of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law to be held in January or February.
A consequence will be that there will be another meeting in January or February 2016.
It is ordinarily not in order to introduce new business at the meeting.
- Justin Levinson
- Guan Yang
- John Lee
- Konstantin Avdashchenko
- Robby O'Connor
Positions are unopposed. Elections will be held again in the 2016 annual meeting
Formerly in Consensus Agenda
Sponsored Members Induction
For each prospective member, please confirm no later than Thursday before the meeting:
- Has the member visited 3 times at the regular Tuesday and Thursday open nights?
- Has the member received the briefing? When, and who was the briefer?
- Has the member's bio and photo been circulated on the members list? (not just blabber)
Other New Business
Everything is cool. 2015 was a good year.
No report. Financial annual report will be sent in the year.
Please do not enter the building on Jan 2nd, 3rd of 2016. The building stairs are being painted.
- Guan for Konstantin
- Justin for Rob Diamond
- Johnny for Eugene Lee
- Guan for Barry Anderson
- Robby for Max Nager