From Hack Manhattan Wiki
Placeholder for Joule thief instructions. See also Basic Electronics Workshop#Joule thief.
- The two transistors are different.
- C2 is the yellow capacitor
- C1 and C3 are blue capacitors. C3 is the wider, more arched one.
- Solder all the components except the battery holder first. Then solder the battery holder on to the back. The + side goes near the switch, - side near LEDs.
- Unfortunately the hole pads are a little small. Just make sure solder fixes the connection between leg and board. Shake the component or leg a little to make sure it's not loose. We are working on a new revision of the PCB which can be picked up for free at Hack Manhattan when it is ready.