Real Name: Daniel Packer
Email: dp - at - danielpacker - dot - org
That's me on the right giving a talk at Ignite DC on the "Evolution of Death". Web and IT pro turned novice scientist. Currently studying computer science and bioinformatics at Hunter College.
Projects & Interests
- Hack Manhattan related
- Instigating and janitorial work at Hack Manhattan
- SphereBot - open source spherical robot (in planning)
- OpenBrainLab - an EEG and biosensors workshop at Hack Manhattan (in active planning)
- LockPickingWorkshop2011 - on hold
- NYCHackerspaceMiniCon2011 - on hold -- maybe for 2012?
- BraitenbergVehiclesWorkshop - STEM / analog robotics workshop, not yet planned
- Other interests and projects
- Biological signals and processing with microcontrollers and FPGAs.
- Lab & Research automation
- Bioinformatics, Evolutionary Biology, Synthetic Biology, Biocomputing
- Computer graphics and video games
- Creating music, digital music, synthesizers
- System Administration, Security, Networks
- AI, machine learning, computer vision/recognition, AIClassViaStanford (I ended up not doing the class)
- Philosophy and ethics of technology (Not a Singularitarian thank you very much)
Stuff I haven't really started doing yet, but want to
- Cyborg technology (wearable computing, wetware, head mounted displays, etc.)
- Photo/videography of bio/chemical phenomena (sci-art)