- 1 Consensus Agenda
- 2 Sponsored Members Induction
- 3 Member Reports
- 4 Elections
- 5 Meeting Meta
Proposed new Rule 11:
New members may be admitted by the board (or by a membership committee) outside a business meeting if:
- They have visited three regular open night events;
- They have received the prescribed new member orientation briefing;
- The application has been submitted by the briefer to the members, and the members have had at least one week to consider the application;
- The application is accompanied by a short biography and a photograph of the applicant (unless the board or the membership committee allows an exception); and
- The application has received at least two affirmative votes and no negative votes by members, communicated on the members mailing list.
The members may appoint a membership committee which may also make the final admission decision under this rule.
The application would normally be submitted during a briefing, and may be submitted before three visits have been completed. In the case of a prospective member who is new to the space and who wants to join quickly, the briefing and application might happen during the second visit, and membership might be completed by the time of the third visit.
A prospective member could also ask for a briefing and an application during the first visit, although this would be unusual. If this happens and the application is approved, the prospective member cannot be admitted until the third visit.
This rule doesn't change some of the administrative procedures we currently have, such as a bio and a photo, but the onus is on the briefer to take care of all this. The briefer may request a bio from the prospective member or simply type one up during the briefing, and may use an existing photo from social media or take a new one.
The board, or a membership committee if one is formed, will make decisions about whether to allow any exceptions to the bio and photo rule based on privacy concerns. Members are always free to vote no if they feel they don't know the prospective member well enough. However, we will continue the policy of not considering applications substantively unless there is concrete negative information about the prospective member.
Approved with no objections.
Matthew D re-membership approved with no objections.
Sponsored Members Induction
For each prospective member, please confirm no later than Thursday before the meeting:
- Has the member visited 3 times at the regular Tuesday and Thursday open nights?
- Has the member received the briefing? When, and who was the briefer?
- Has the member's bio and photo been circulated on the members list? (not just blabber)
- Solicitation email sent out to previous members.
- FInancial report sent out via email.
- If we shut down, we have an active budget that lasts till July.
- Patreon changes pending.
- Intro to Arduino with Hydroponics scheduled for March 31.
- No report
Member and Project Reports
- Phone projects.
- Figment is coming up.
- Lathe has been rebuilt.
Director At Large
Elections stand on uncontested nominations.
- Called to order at 19:37 by Justin.
- The meeting was adjourned at 19:55 by Justin.
- Minutes taken and submitted by Jay.