- 1 Consensus Agenda
- 2 New Business
- 3 Member Reports
- 4 Adjournment
(moved to annual meeting) Proposed change to bylaws:
I would like to add an official amendment to the bylaws for termination of membership due to serious safety violations.
- Failure to wear required safety equipment (e.g. safety glasses, welding mask, gloves) while operating tools or machinery
- Failure to properly turn off power tools or other machinery when done using it and/or leaving the space
- Failure to disassemble, shut down, or put away tools when finished - for example leaving drill bits or milling bits attached
- Misuse of tools or equipment whether through intent or lack of proper knowledge
- Any other behaviors which make anyone, member or not, feel that a significant safety risk is posed to themselves or others, or that damage will occur to expensive equipment as a result.
(moved to annual meeting) Date of annual meeting
Article 3, Section 1, is amended to read:
Meetings of members must be held in New York County, no more than one kilometer from the corporation's premises, not on a major public holiday as recognized by New York City, and between 6pm and midnight on weekdays or 10am and 10pm on weekends. The board must call the annual meeting of members in accordance with Section 603 of the Not-for-Profit Corporation Law to be held in January or February.
A consequence will be that there will be another meeting in January or February 2016.
It is ordinarily not in order to introduce new business at the meeting.
Formerly in Consensus Agenda
Sponsored Members Induction
For each prospective member, please confirm no later than Thursday before the meeting:
- Has the member visited 3 times at the regular Tuesday and Thursday open nights?
- Has the member received the briefing? When, and who was the briefer?
- Has the member's bio and photo been circulated on the members list? (not just blabber)