- 1 Consensus Agenda
- 2 New Business
- 3 President's Report
- 4 Treasurer's Report
- 5 Secretary's Report
- 6 Director at Large's Report
- 7 Member Reports
Procedure for readmission after termination due to resignation or nonpayment of dues
At the last meeting we changed the bylaws to allow us to adopt abbreviated procedures when a member who resigned or whose membership was terminated for nonpayment of dues wishes to become a member again. Under the procedures we adopt, such members would not have to make the 3 visits again.
Proposal: A statement from the new member is circulated to the members list. If there are no objections within N days, that member is readmitted, and otherwise the matter is referred to the next business meeting.
Should the member seeking readmission fulfill other requirements? For example, receive the briefing if he or she never received it in the first place? Pay back dues? Or should things like this be on a case by case basis? Should the board be able to attach conditions for readmission?
Proposal for new rule
Rule 8 is replaced with:
A former member whose membership was terminated by resignation or because of failure to pay dues may be readmitted by the board if the request is circulated to the members and no objection is received for 5 days, under such conditions as are specified in the request or by the board.
Confidential membership matter
Non-members may be excluded from the discussion of this item.
Vote passes with the following count: In favor: 20 Abstain: 2 Against: 1
Purchasing a new 3D Printer
Several of us have found the working 3D printers at the space inadequate; what we have is generally not open to upgrading or materials other than PLA, and the demand for using the printers often exceeds the supply of printers. The simplest solution is just to buy another printer, and we've looked around and selected a $500 mainstream Makerbot-clone type printer that is maintainable and upgradable with widely available parts, and can reasonably be expected to work well from the get-go. This should lighten our load. James Carpino will recommend the specific printer, and I propose we split the cost partly between specific members and HM funds. The breakdown proposed is, $200 total from several HM members, $100 from HM general funds, and $200 from the 3d printing filament fund (which is reported to have enough to support this allocation and still buy plenty of filament).
Notice for potential donors: The funds would be donated to HM (and can be deducted, of course). You won't be "bought out" when you leave HM. It's not impossible to do that a construction like that, but it's a hassle and risky, and I wouldn't consider it for such a small amount. --Guan (talk) 14:15, 25 July 2015 (UTC)
For each prospective member, please confirm no later than Thursday before the meeting:
- Has the member visited 3 times at the regular Tuesday and Thursday open nights?
- Has the member received the briefing? When, and who was the briefer?
- Has the member's bio and photo been circulated on the members list? (not just blabber)
Rob Johnson briefed by Konsgn on 2015-07-16. Has visited 3 times, bio and photo have been circulated.
John O'Brien briefed by Guan on 2015-06-30. Has visited 3 times, bio and photo have been circulated.
Kyle Oliver briefed by Johnny on 2015-07-21. Bio and photo have been circulated. Has probably visited 3 times, should confirm.
Nikolas Schreiber, Briefed by Matt on 2015-07-23, has visited many times. Bio and photo have been circulated.
Michael Quijano -- Has Michael Quijano received the briefing yet? Visited the space 3 times? I haven't seen the bio and photo circulated. It's too late to add him at this point. I could not find one message from him on blabber. I am striking out his name. --Robby O'Connor (talk) 02:02, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
It has been a tense couple of weeks with recent issues that may be traced to communal disagreements. We will be taking steps to increase and improve the Hackmanhattan community in the coming days.
Financial report is available in the member's email list.
Director at Large's Report
We are planning to participate in Makerfare this year with our Fortunetron 7000 exhibit. A wiki page will be written with tasks and volunteer opportunities.
A fire cabinet has been added to the machine shop.
- Dave R.: I am leaving HM as a member as of July. Thanks to all of you who made it a fun and inspiring community and space. I hope the organization can continue its good work long into the future.
- O Captain! My Captain! Leee (talk) 18:14, 27 July 2015 (UTC)
- I will miss you Dave! --Robby O'Connor (talk) 00:03, 28 July 2015 (UTC)
- Johnny.: Team Hackmanhattan won the $500 Unity Prize in the New York VR Hackathon at NYU ITP with Trustfall. $60 of the winnings have been donated to Hackmanhattan.
- Eugene.: Due to recent events in the building, please be vigilant when unlocking the building entrance for ring-ins. Check the door camera link as possible. If no one enters the space within a minute after unlocking the front door, please investigate.
- Eugene Lee on behalf of Max Nager
- Eugene Lee on behalf of Mark Carroll
- Eugene Lee on behalf of Rebecca L-E
- Matt Lipschutz on behalf of Peter Shenkin
- Guan Yang on behalf of Annie Hsu
- Guan Yang on behalf of Diego Zaks
- Guan Yang on behalf of Antonio Simonini
- Justin Levinson on behalf of Barry Anderson
- Justin Levinson on behalf of J Connor