From Hack Manhattan Wiki
- President's report
- Status update on building/expansion
- Building: possible new tenant w/long term lease taking top 2 floors. Negotiations are ongoiong, but interest is serious. There will be a meeting of the board Thursday to discuss.
- Current lease: 6 months + 6 months. Current lease may be up May 1st? Need to check. Possibilty exists to sublet from new tenants.
- Renovation date needs to be established for potential compensation due to lack of access to space.
- Roof access should remain available at current space.
- Finding a temporary space may be necessary during renovations.
- Space requirements: want to shop for 1000 sf advertised, 600-700 sf actual.
- Possible embedding in NYPL location
- Desired location: between Houston and 40s, but tbd once situation becomes clearer.
- Daniel will create Wiki page with requirements for any new space. E.g., need roof space for bees.
- Westport Mini Maker Faire
- Got accepted: occuring this Saturday the 28th. Details on separate Wiki page.
- 20% of revenues go to Faire
- Treasurer's report
- Financial report
- $2600 in cash after rent. Will have about $4000 in cash after receivables come in.
- Laser cutter: $6000 required for Chinese version, same as model at Alpha Labs. Includes honeycomb & some additional accessories.
- 501c3 status
- proceeding; should be more news within 90 days
- Approve budget for Westport Mini Maker Faire
- Any expenses will be reimbursed post-event
- Selling lockpicks
- Possibility to sell to group that is currently organizing.
- Bee project expenses?
- Need a total for reimbursement by interested members, to be paid to Stephen
- Secretary's report
- Director-At-Large's report
- Please leave the space cleaner and tidier than you found it
- Garbage goes in bin in back room.
- Cardboard gets broken down and put in back room
- Dave: wants to schedule build day to organize space. Have $100 in budget for shelves or other portable tool organizing system.
- Robert: Arduino watch advanced workshop in collaboration with Crystal, Robert, Joe.
- Mobile Dev Camp having hackathon. All mobile, 48 hours, Sphero sponsored. Winners get Sphero. mobiledevcampnyc.com.
- Peter: Stereolithographic printer build w/Guan, code.google.com/p/lemoncurry/wiki/main
- Joe : move to Brooklyn made preclude continued membership.
- Max (visiting): moved from Albany
- Stephen: beer in 2 weeks, bees doing fine, eggplant will be getting delivered
- Steven: precision time protocol accepted into summer of code at Google. 10 nanoseconds speed; needs f/t student. Google needs students to mentor for Summer of Code.
- Kenny (channeled via Daniel): wants better video surveillance, for outdoors with better framerate. Needs Verizon DSL bill payed. Dropped off minidisk. Wants 2 iPod minis left in space for recall -- put in 'mobile devices' box if found.
- Guan: new Reprap electronics working! Based on toaster oven reflow.
- Dave: Wallace printer completed. Scalable design!
- Justin: OpenSCAD phone holder for HTC Inspire show & tell. Holds cards & bills as well as phone.
- LIght-up bike ideas with Guan
- Crystal: 3D printing of capacitive stylus, shoe platforms, wearables workshops
- Dave Scruton (visiting): available for software work
- Ed Vanderveld (visiting): available for DJ work
- Ananda: This Sunday: pinhole camera day. Put hole in lenscap of a camera
- Keno (visiting): may join eventually
Members: Guan, Daniel, Dave, Jim, Steven, Stephen, Justin, Crystal, Robert, Peter, Ananda, Paul
Non-members: Dave Scruton, Maxwell Hanson, Ed Vanderveld